Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Beginning (Part 2)

I know, it has been a while since I last wrote a blog post. Honestly, I have never kept one up before so I am still getting used to thinking of things to write about. On one hand, I want to write about my journey as a musician. Yet on the other hand, I also want to write about certain experiences, lessons, and other everyday life things as well. I know not many people will read this, but I really think it is important for one to write. It keeps your mind going, especially at times where you can't just pick up an instrument and play. A way to express yourself is to write!

So as I said, I haven't done much to really get this blog out there to many of my friends yet, but for those who are already reading, I have a question for y'all! What would you like to hear from me about in this blog?
Just my music journey, or other aspects of my life including music? Maybe both?
I have written this to you before and probably will continue to write/say this, but I love to share things that go on in my life. There are currently people in my life where it just gives me joy to be able to share either the little things or the big things in my life with. I love to tell stories in detail. I love to talk with them. I have always been like that as a little kid.
It's funny! Most of the time, in a house full of kids, you would find me sitting with the adults and talking with them at the age of 4. All those kids wanted to do was talk about non important things that I didn't think was important to me. I wanted to do something that was important, and that included me sitting with my mom and dad and their friends and listening to conversations that were engaging. Though I didn't understand them to full capacity, I learned and grew from it. It made me who I am today and I thank God for creating in me the will to witness Christ-like character through my interactions, to want to share stories and encounters I have, to share my experiences, and not just share but exchange those experiences! I thank God for the people He has put into my life and they sure are a huge blessing to me.

And as a thought for this blog post, I want to share this. I believe that, from personal experience, all kids should be encouraged to sit down and have conversations with adults. Even if they are simply watching and listening. It grows their minds and stretches them to the point that when they hit the age of teen hood or adult hood, they will already have that maturity to carry on a mature conversation. I understand that not everyone has that personality to do so. Some people are super shy or introverted. That's okay, but I think that it helps a growing person’s maturity in some way or another.

Anyway, I want to know what you readers want to hear from me? There are a lot of things I could and would like to share non-music related!
This is why I call this blog "The Scoring Of...". It's a creative way of saying, "The scoring of my life.". Ultimately, I want to serve God through this by sharing my testimony and what God has done for me, what He is doing in my life and how He is the ultimate, perfect Sanctifier!

2 comments:

  1. I think it would be good to stick some life events on here, possibly as they relate to music (or not), so that those of us that live a little ways away can get written updates into the adventures of Vince :)

    Also, Vince, go check your facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....We have raised you that way, to be a part of everyone's lives in all ages...Certainly most of your life has been with communicating with adults more so than peers. I think it has made you wise and mature. You have alway's been a little man since you were a baby. I am so happy for you and what you are doing and accomplishing towards your dreams, aspirations and goals. And ultimatly so very thankful to God that He has blessed us with a son like you. I too look forward to reading your blog. I think it is bold to share your feelings and your life through your eyes...and a wonderful testimony for your faith and love of Christ. Blessings to you always....I love you...Mama

    ReplyDelete